Campaign Expectations and Requirements
Provide Monthly Updates to Contributors
- Campaign Owners must provide substantive detailed updates at least once a month to their Contributors.
- Failure to send monthly updates can result in any or all of the following:
- We may hold funds raised on your Campaign.
- Increase in your refund requests and chargebacks from Contributors.
- Negative impact on your project/event/business and perceived trustworthiness with Contributors.
- We may also report you to a third party collections agency to recover Contributions disbursed to you.
- You must fulfill any promises or commitments made on your Campaign page and to Contributors (including delivering any reward).
- Once your Campaign has ended, Contributors must receive their Reward before you send Reward to any other contributors or backers of a Campaign on any other fundraising or e-commerce website.
We may choose to verify your identity and other information that you provide to us as a Campaign Owner. We reserve the right to withhold funds and refund Contributors if we are unable to sufficiently verify a Campaign Owner’s identity to our satisfaction.
- Your identity must be verified before we can disburse funds to you. Identity verification is processed by a third party.
- The location listed on your Campaign page must match the legal residence information you provide to us.
- Refer to the ID Verification Help Center for more information.
Addressing Contributor Comments on a Campaign
- The comments section of your Campaign is a place where Contributors to your Campaign can ask questions, voice concerns, and interact with each other and you. You are required to address all comments unless that comment, or the Contributor, violates our Terms.
- You must respond promptly and truthfully to all questions posed to you by either LACANTUS or a Contributor
- Comments should only be marked as spam if they violate the Terms. If you mark any comment as spam and we determine, in our sole discretion, that the comments do not violate our Terms, then we may remove your ability to mark comments as spam for a period of time or permanently
Campaigns in the “NEVER ENDS” Program Must Fulfill Rewards
- A Campaign may only be part of the “Never Ends” program if you have selected the “Shipping” stage when launching your Campaign or updating its production status.
- Campaigns that participate in the “Never Ends” program must be able to fulfill Rewards within three (3) months of the estimated shipping date provided to Contributors at the time of their Contribution.
- We may remove Campaigns from the “Never Ends” program that are not able to fulfill Rewards within the expected timeframe
- We may require proof that Rewards have been fulfilled, and decisions about fulfillment are made within our sole discretion
Cross-Promotion of Other Products or Services is Not Permitted
Running More Than One Campaign on the Site
- You may not run more than one Campaign on www.lacantus.com without providing us with proof that the Reward from your original Campaign have been fulfilled. We may remove any Campaign that does not provide adequate proof (in our sole discretion) from the website and withhold all funds raised for that Campaign.
Prohibition against self-contribution
- You, or anyone acting on your behalf, may not make Contributions to your Campaign–we call these “self-contributions.” Self-contributions are prohibited both by LACANTUS and all our payment processors, and LACANTUS or our payment processors may take actions like rejecting or blocking Contributions for any length of time or suspending your LACANTUS account, if LACANTUS or our payment processors, in our sole discretion, discovers self-contributions.
- You should also not separately take funds from Contributors and then Contribute those funds to the Campaign via your Campaign Owner account, since we still consider this to be self-contributing. Contributors must Contribute to your Campaign through their own accounts.
Follow Branding Guidelines
You must follow the LACANTUS Branding Guidelines if you’d like to use any of our intellectual property including but not limited to things like our logo, colors, name, or registered trademark phrases in your Campaign content or related materials.
You may not:
- Incorporate our intellectual property and branding elements both on and off our website in a way that implies we endorse your activities or you are associated with LACANTUS
- Include any visual element that could be interpreted to have been produced by LACANTUS, including but not limited to banners, progress bars or funding stats.
- You must complete all identity and banking verification processes, including any follow-up information requested by our payment processor or identity verification vendor, before your Campaign will be reviewed to approve disbursement. If you have not provided any requested information for any of these processes, your disbursement may be delayed or entirely refunded back to Contributors
- If your Campaign has received a large amount of Contributions, we may choose to hole a percentage of the funds raised as part of your Campaign. This is to account for any Contributor chargeback requests or for other customer service reasons. The held funds will be disbursed to you at a time determined by us in our sole discretion, once our review of your Campaign is completed
- Please refer to the Receiving Money Help Center for more information on the disbursement process
- Hold back a percentage of the funds raised in your Campaign
- Place specific Contributions on hold and/or refund Contributors
- Utilize all legal means, including third party collections agencies, to recover funds raised in your Campaign that have been disbursed to you Campaign Owner
- Remove Campaigns and terminate User Accounts at any time
- Take any other legal measures we deem, in our sole discretion, necessary to protect LACANTUS.COM and the Services
Users / Campaign Owners Violations
- use the Rafflecopter Site to run a promotion and manipulate Entrants into entering your promotion without the intention of giving out a prize.
- use email addresses collected by LACANTUS maliciously or violate the CAN-SPAM Act, a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, and gives recipients the right to have you stop emailing them, or any applicable electronic communications laws in your jurisdiction.
- use the WWW.LACANTUS.COM Site for any illegal or unauthorized purpose. You must not, in the use of the WWW.LACANTUS.COM Site, violate any laws in your jurisdiction (including but not limited to copyright laws).
post, email, upload, transmit or otherwise make available any information, materials or other content that is illegal, abusive, harmful, threatening, harassing, obscene, defamatory, offensive, invades another’s privacy, or promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any individual or group impersonate any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity.
- collect, upload, phish, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any login data and/or passwords for other web sites, software or services.
- collect, upload, phish, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available credit card information or other forms of financial data used for collecting payments.
- forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any content transmitted through the WWW.LACANTUS.COM Site.
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any information, materials or other content that infringes another’s rights, including any intellectual property rights;
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of solicitation.
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment.
- use any manual or automated software, devices, or other processes to “crawl,” “spider” or “screen scrape” any web pages contained in the WWW.LACANTUS.COM Site.
- reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble any of the software used to provide the WWW.LACANTUS.COM Site.
- reproduce, duplicate or copy or exploit any other portion of the WWW.LACANTUS.COM Site, without the express written permission of WWW.LACANTUS.COM.
- interfere with or disrupt the WWW.LACANTUS.COM Site, or any servers or networks connected to the WWW.LACANTUS.COM Site, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the WWW.LACANTUS.COM Site
modify, adapt or hack the WWW.LACANTUS.COM Site or falsely imply that some other site is associated with WWW.LACANTUS.COM Site.
Your User Content
“User Content” means any and all information and content that a User submits to, or uses with, the Site: WWW.LACANTUS.COM or Services. User Content includes Design Contests, Design Concepts, Photos / Pictures / Images, Videos, and reviews and/or testimonials (“Reviews”). You are solely responsible for your User Content. You assume all risks associated with use of your User Content, including any reliance on its accuracy, completeness or usefulness by others, or any disclosure of your User Content that makes you or any third party personally identifiable. You hereby represent and warrant that your User Content does not violate the Acceptable Use Policy. You may not state or imply that your User Content is in any way provided, sponsored or endorsed by LACANTUS STORE. Because you alone are responsible for your User Content (and not LACANTUS STORE), you may expose yourself to liability if, for example, your User Content violates the Acceptable Use Policy. LACANTUS STORE is not obligated to remove any Design Contests, Design Concepts, Photos / Pictures / Images, Videos, and reviews and/or testimonials from the Site unless required by applicable Law. LACANTUS STORE is not obligated to backup any User Content and User Content may be deleted at any time. You are solely responsible for creating backup copies of your User Content if you desire.
You agree not to use the Site or Services with any User Content or to provide any products or services that (a) violates any third-party right, including any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, moral right, privacy right, right of publicity, or any other intellectual property or proprietary right (including by allowing any third party to download or reuse any User Content in violation of any such third party rights, by using any work in an editorial manner without affixing the necessary credit or attribution or by posting or uploading or allowing any third party to post or upload any User Content on social media sites that grant exclusive rights or ownership in respect of such User Content to any third party); (b) is unlawful, harassing, abusive, tortious, threatening, harmful, invasive of another’s privacy, vulgar, defamatory, false, intentionally misleading, trade libelous, slanderous, indecent, pornographic, obscene, patently offensive (e. g. , material that promotes racism, bigotry, hatred, or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual) or otherwise objectionable material of any kind or nature or which is harmful to minors in any way or that would otherwise imply that the creator of the User Content, or the persons or property appearing in the User Content (if any), endorse any political, economic or other opinion-based movements or parties or in a way that places any person in the User Content in a bad light or in a defamatory, unlawful, immoral or offensive manner; (c) is in violation of any laws, or obligations or restrictions imposed by any third party; or (d) would cause a material risk to the security or operations of LACANTUS STORE or any third party.
See Also – Related Articles:
- Community Guidelines for Crowdfunding for Events Owners.
- Crowdfunding for Events – RULES.
- Crowdfunding Terms & Conditions.
- ID Verification to Receive Funds.
- Receiving Money Help Center.
- Understanding Crowdfunding Chargebacks.
- Best way to choose my funding goal.
- Fees & Pricing for LACANTUS’s Campaigners.
- Lacantus Store – Trademark Usage Guidelines.
- Lacantus Store General Terms & Conditions.